The Gateway Internship exists to spiritually, professionally, and relationally equip leaders within the local church.
Our Internship Model
We have a 3-sided approach to engage people in an immersive ministry environment. The Gateway Internship is a place where you will receive:
Weekly oversight meetings with Gateway staff create opportunities for personalized feedback so every intern can grow spiritually, professionally, and relationally.
Weekly classes and training from seasoned leaders will give interns tools to help equip them in every area of leadership.
Hands-On Ministry Experience
Interns will work as part of the staff in all aspects of Gateway. By being a part of a new church plant, interns will gain valuable leadership skill in all aspects of local church ministry. Interns will apply for specific roles within the staff that are related with their gifts and passions.
- Living/Housing – Interns will be expected to acquire housing in the Sugar Land area
- Weekly Time Expectation – Approximately 20 hours per week.
- Employment/Work – Interns will have time for employment outside of their responsibilities at Gateway if they would like to work.
- School Credit – School credit is available from certain institutions for those who are interested. We will partner with your school to help you meet the requirements.
- Transportation – The majority of your responsibilities will require that you have a reliable form of transportation which makes a license and car mandatory for your internship.
Internship runs from August 4, 2020 – May 4, 2021
- August 4 – Intern Arrival & Internship Orientation
- September 27 – 30 – Gateway Conference
- November 23 – 28 – Thanksgiving Break
- December 21 – January 2 – Christmas Break
- March 15-20 – Spring Break
- May 4 – Graduation Dinner
- Optional Global Outreach – Summer 2021
Areas of Ministry
- Live Production
- Ministry Administrative Support
- Pastoral Care
- Children’s Ministry
- Students & Young Adult Ministry
- Next Steps – Growth Track, Small Groups, & Volunteer Team Leadership
- Media & Creative
- Local Outreach
Have a question? Email us at email@example.com